How often have you come across an advertisement or e-mail proclaiming to "teach" you the stock trading secrets that Wall Street Insiders don’t want you to know? Usually included in the descriptions of these trading products are claims such as "Make 10K monthly in minutes per day", or "Learn the secrets of Professional Stock Brokers", etc. etc. So what are these "secrets" that they are SELLING?
And if the Wall Street Insiders and the Professional Stock Brokers didn’t want to reveal these trading secrets with you, then how come the companies or individuals selling you these products are so quick to give up these "Never before revealed" techniques?
Is it because they don’t work, or are their products just the basic rules of trading rewritten (once again) in a new and thought provoking way? Or, if you believe everything you read, is it really some highly classified and secret method for trading stocks that is being SOLD here?
Stock Trading Secrets Revealed
In its most simplified form, the real trading secrets of the institutions and professional traders fit into at least one of the areas below…
1) A well developed trading system that has proven itself to profitably work over and over again in real-life trading
2) Knowing which trading strategies work best in which markets
3) The role of the Market Makers and how they use their influence to control the market and how you can use this to your advantage
4) What trading indicators are actually reliable
5) Which trading patterns are worth using, and when
6) Proper Money Management techniques, Money Management, and Money Management (note the emphasis here)
7) How to take advantage of margin
So, contrary to what they want you to believe, this is what they are selling you. I’m not saying that all of these trading products out there promoting unknown trading secrets are not worth the money, but quite the opposite. If they can provide you with truthful advice about any of the above areas, AND this advice is not easily accessible or publicized, then their product may greatly benefit your trading results.
But, if they are simply selling you generalized trading information that you can learn from any basic trading book, perhaps your money is better spent elsewhere. Buyer beware.
Frank Soler is a successful trader and Registered Investment Advisor. His company, Soler Investments, provides trading advisory services for stock traders and currency traders. Visit SolerInvestments.com today to find out how he can help you become a successful trader.
Copyright @ 2005 Soler Investments All Rights Reserved. Reprint of this article is allowed as long as due credit is given to the author and links are left intact.